Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Project Veritas

John B. Marine | 5:55 PM | |
Project Veritas is a prototype for a 2D top-down game in Godot. I have a picture of my work as of the typing of this post, but nothing real interesting to share. It was formerly named "Project Missoni." My biggest problem is in the collision detection. I had to adjust a previous top-down project substantially because of a wonky collision model I had set for it. That is why I suspended trying to come up with a top-down game made in Godot. That is, unless I learn how to better apply collision details for tile maps for top-down games.


Any Top-Down Games in the Works?

There are a number of top-down game concepts I have in mind. These include:

• a Pac-Man style maze game.
• a top-down action game similar to Smash TV.
• (possible) a top-down action RPG similar to The Legend of Zelda.

I have another top-down game in mind, but it is a racing game, and I want that to fall into a completely different project.


Considerations for Beta Projects.

I am considering looking for certain sites to host any kind of games I come up with. I may use the popular itch.io basically for sharing demos. I will use my blog(s) and my Weebly site to promote any real games I come up with. My ultimate goal is to make a game of any kind and be able to release it. I am eyeing Windows, Google Play, and HTML5. With more resources, I may test offering games and apps for Apple and iOS among other platforms in addition to the main sources I am targeting.





Stay tuned to this blog for more updates! The best way to do so is to Subscribe/Follow my blog(s) in some capacity. Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube Instagram Google+ LinkedIn (professionals only)
Questions or Comments? Contact Me (serious inquiries only)...
Contact Me via E-Mail




Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Creative Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger