Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Low-Res Journey

John B. Marine | 5:21 PM |
Incredible 3D graphics and models have never been my forte. However, I felt if I went the low-res route, I wouldn't be as regarded for the best 3D graphics and models. This blog post features my latest focus on 3D modeling. I want to sort of announce my plans moving forward with this new direction of 3D I am taking.

Basically, I may slowly transition to doing pixel-style art. Cartoon-style art was never one of my strong points. I may try to learn to do low-res style art to go with low-polygon modeling. Just because I go the low route, though, doesn't mean my quality will be equally low. I am basically wondering- can I make low-res fun? Can I make low-res beautiful? Can I make high quality with low-res?

The move to low-res for me is in response to not having much success making realistic or more interesting models or art. This style of media is easier and honestly more fun. There is nothing wrong with making hyper-realistic 3D art. There is nothing wrong with photo-realistic art. I, however, have never been adept at true 3D. That is why I went with voxels to get my start in 3D style art. I will be willing to try to learn and develop some pixel style to proudly use to showcase my art style. This means I will have to learn to utilize a set palette and develop a new art style different from what I am used to.

In a future post, I will announce one program I will be using to try to begin my newer journey into 3D. And as a hint... I won't be relying on doing everything in Blender. I have nothing to share in terms of my new 3D adventures. When I do produce something, I'll share my work across social media. So stay tuned!





I'll keep you all posted through all of this. If you enjoy my work, please Subscribe/Follow my blog(s) in any capacity if you love my work and want to support me any way you can. Share my blog post(s) with others if you enjoy my work. Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Visit my JohnMarineDesigns Weebly site, subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin! Let's connect:
Contact Me via E-Mail Contact Me via Discord

(donations are voluntary)
Visit and Subscribe to My Blogs...
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube
Pinterest LinkedIn (professionals only) TikTok Discord
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns JMDesigns on Payhip John on Envato
Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp
Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Creative Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger