Monday, June 1, 2020

3D Model and Showroom Plans

John B. Marine | 4:16 PM | | | | |
Making skins for vehicles in games is cool and all, but I have lately had interest in designing my own original vehicles all skinned up. Actually, I have wanted to develop my own models and my own showrooms. It was a dream for a long time to develop my own showroom for vehicles for games. As I started getting better with Blender, I am having more realistic visions of developing the sort of showrooms I want to develop. Allow me the opportunity to express myself. Okay? Good! Let me begin...





3D Model and Showroom Plans


I feel the need to develop even more original content. So I want to share plans I have in regards to various 3D models and showroom plans. Take a look:


3D Plans: Models.

My main areas of concentration for 3D modeling include vehicles and characters.

Vehicle Plans
On the vehicle front, I am starting to gain a new sort of direction towards how to model vehicles. The main concentration lies in low-polygon vehicles. I want to make low polygon a quality thing. This could even evolve into trying to refine them for other projects. This is actually a plan of mine of late. As I am starting to better use Blender, I feel I could master some techniques to at least attempt high-quality vehicles.

Previously, I noted that I had no interest in high-quality 3D vehicle models. I've learned some techniques that make me think otherwise in recent times. One of the most important things I am coming around to is that I do not need to put everything into one single mesh. In fact, some high-quality designs are a combination of separated objects. So a headlight assembly could be the main casing and all the individual lights that make up that headlight case. You also could independently work on a certain object of a full model. The one thing I always fear is that I may make a lot of changes that somehow will require me to do extra merging so that the model remains as complete topology-wise. It seems like a daunting task to make a high-quality vehicle. However, part of me says it is doable without stressing too much over certain details.

I also previously did not have interest in re-creating actual vehicles. That has changed... to an extent. I am not seriously considering completely accurate models. At the same time, though, I don't want to make any models of actual vehicles that seem overly cheap. I need to be careful on this front because some legal clearances have to be granted to make 3D products of actually-licensed vehicles available and can be used. I am not sure if I want to develop such vehicles for free for game mods, or if I want to offer vehicles for rendering. I still prefer doing original designs, but I am somewhat open to modeling actual vehicles.


Character Plans
I have not yet attempted any original characters. On one end, I have thought more along the lines of avatar-type models. I am talking about mostly humanoid models that you could freely customize as opposed to some completely original characters. I have not yet found any true inspiration to make this happen. However, I do have some ideas by following a bunch of different videos. No concrete plans have been considered as of yet. If and when I do get around to developing characters, expect a mix of freely-customizable characters and original characters.


Other 3D Models?
I have considered locations as 3D model projects. Namely, I have thought of things like buildings, some light scenery, and some light terrain. I also want to develop things like motor racing tracks. For race tracks, I am slowly looking at trying to develop in the mindset of Assetto Corsa. Assetto Corsa prefers you measure things in meters. So to that end, I will have to learn to put things into meters for measurement.


3D Plans: Showrooms.

No 3D model(s) will ever be worth showcasing if you lack a proper way to market them. So as I make skins for games like Assetto Corsa and Automobilista among others, I feel I have to develop a showroom to nicely showcase my 3D models. A showroom doesn't have to a "room." It can, in fact, be an outdoor scene stylish enough for showcasing work. One idea i seem to like is that Blender can handle HDRI images. For the uninitiated, an HDRI image contains color information within the image that can serve as the lighting and color for any given scene. Usually, some of these HDRI images can be pretty big files. I tend to like decently-sized images that won't beat up my PC in trying to render. Blender rendering through HDRI images is only done in Cycles Rendering. I will need to practice Cycles Rendering to be able to come up with great renders.

While showrooms suggest indoor scenes, showrooms can really be indoor or outdoor scenes. While I don't want the showrooms to be the focal point of my work, I do want them to serve as stylish 3D locales for which to display my work. I am gathering ideas for which to think about what kind(s) of showrooms I want to make. Because Cycles Renders allow you to develop a vast amount of ideas, I want to be able to make the best renders I can make regardless of my PC's power to create them masterfully. In fact, I dream of making certain render scenes that would be great for Assetto Corsa, since the majority of my renders are for Assetto Corsa. I have used custom showrooms for vehicles in rFactor. So I have a general idea of the importance of making quality showrooms for any set of vehicles for almost any racing/driving game.

Other than vehicles, I want to make some stylish showrooms for characters and other things. Imagine stylish scenes for which a character can be showcased. For example, imagine a stylish young lady at a stylish restaurant on a date night. Certain props or game assets can also be stylishly shown off in some kind of showroom. I haven't yet thought of any interesting showroom concepts to make these visions happen.


Now you know about some of my 3D plans. We'll see what materializes from my work in the future.





Thank all of you who love and support my work! I hope I can keep bringing the awesome that I can provide. Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Visit my official website at johnbmarine.com, subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube Instagram Pinterest LinkedIn (professionals only)
Questions or Comments? Contact Me (serious inquiries only)...
Contact Me via E-Mail




Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Creative Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger