Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Project Rhiannon

John B. Marine | 12:39 AM | | |
My first #GodotEngine 3D project is what I am calling "Project Rhiannon." Project Rhiannon is a racing game project inspired by the 2011 independent/indie game "3D Pixel Racing." I am inspired to "build a better mouse trap" with Project Rhihannon. There were faults that prevented 3D Pixel Racing from being better than what it could have been. To this point, I managed to try to learn using 3D in Godot Game Engine by coming up with my own racing game project.

I am using a lot of studying of "3D Pixel Racing" as well as the 3D Platformer template to help me conceptualize building a proper prototype from "Project Rhiannon." Important in the creation of Project Rhiannon is that of building a 3D world along with a proper vehicle setup. This project was to be a 2D-style racing game in the mold of several Mode 7 games on the Super Nintendo. I chose this method first because I wasn't comfortable with 3D and using 3D in Godot. Over time, I felt my project would be better served in a proper 3D space. Considering my love affair with voxels, I wanted to make a proper 3D racing game utilizing those voxel models.

While I have not come up with a proper prototype, I did take some of my past assets to build a conceptual idea for a racing game. I may plan to design exclusive vehicles and such just for this game should I develop it. I will keep you posted if I do come up with any interesting material for any racing project using voxels. Here is a picture of what I have conceptualized in the meanwhile:

Project Rhiannon
^ This is a concept of Project Rhiannon using one of my past voxel vehicles made in MagicaVoxel.

So now you know about Project Rhiannon! :) I'll keep you posted if I come up with something cool! To see my other Godot material and projects, visit my link on my Weebly site here: My Game Devlopment Portfolio.





Thank you for reading! Take care and be well.

Subscribe to My Blog(s), and/or Follow on Bloglovin!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS) Subscribe to John's Life Space (JLS)
Support My Creative Works!
JMDesigns Patreon Soundcloud Bandcamp Twitch OpenGameArt TurboSquid
Get Social With Me!
Facebook (Friends) Facebook (Fans) Twitter YouTube Instagram Google+ LinkedIn (professionals only)
Questions or Comments? Contact Me (serious inquiries only)...
Contact Me via E-Mail




Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Creative Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger