Monday, October 13, 2014

Making Templates

John B. Marine | 8:38 PM | | |
To make work easier, making templates can help you create assets better by sticking to a more one-size-fits-all approach. Nothing fuels the fire of a creative person than to have a solid base for which to work with. Especially more novice types can enjoy starting with a base template before having the courage and experience to create more advanced material. If you are the one who spends money on creative work, certain templates can even save you and/or your group money.

To show you what I mean in regards to making something to serve as a base, let me show you this picture below:

Making Templates
^ Made with MagicaVoxel, this is a voxel model of a secretary. I took the same model and (with modifications) created a separate model. IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED: My blog post on MagicaVoxel- "MagicaVoxel" (John's Creative Space).

I probably could have created one model and quickly decide to make one more model from scratch. However, I took an existing model, made a duplicate, and edited the duplicate. The differences between the two models shouldn't be hard at all to sort out. The left model wears a sweater underneath a blouse, a mid-length skirt, and some black pumps. The right model wears a short yellow dress with pink pumps. Both have the same body, only that I erased a few voxels on the body of the yellow dress model to create a nicer effect for it. It is possible I could have even taken the same model and made several more models. All I know is that starting with a solid base can lead to developing many more models. So consider something like bases and templates to effectively and efficiently make the most of your time developing assets for media projects.


Limitations of Template Use.

Some designers of creative works will allow you to use their works if you want to. However, it is important you credit the original creator if you do so. Another thing to be wary of is that you want to try not to rely too much on certain templates. When too many of your works seem to be based on one little template, it does get a bit stale, and you do need to maybe create something a bit different just to remain fresh.


It's up to you and how you want to do things. It's just that if you want to make more efficient use of making models, it is best to start with a template and use that template as a basis for your creative work.





Remember that I am using "John's Creative Space" as a platform for my own creative work as well as to offer my own thoughts on certain aspects of developing creative work. So if you enjoy my work, make sure you're Subscribed and Followed to this blog and my others. Thank you for reading!

"Like" me on Facebook, Follow JCS, and/or Contact Me via E-Mail!
Subscribe to John's Blog Space (JBS) Subscribe to John's Creative Space (JCS) Subscribe to John's Race Space (JRS) Subscribe to StyleSpace (SS)
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

JohnMarineDesigns on TurboSquid

Would you like to donate to support my creative work? If so, please show your support using this PayPal item:
I am now on Patreon! Support my creative work on Patreon today at: www.patreon.com/johnbmarine!
 
Copyright © 2015 John's Creative Space • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger